Saturday 23 November 2013

It's easy to fall into old habits, I know I am not alone in this as I read the same things over and over on ig and facebook from people who have started changing their life, had dramatic weight/ fat loss ( I do not consider my achievements dramatic)  and then for whatever reason slip backwards for a period of time.

Now there is nothing I can do to change the past, living in who I was 6 months ago or a year ago is not going to change who I am now. I need to find it within myself the ability to push past what has held me back and kept me failing for so long. Consistency with new habits is the one thing that will change my life and I now that.

I read an interesting article yesterday that really made me take stock of the mistakes I've made over the last 2.5 years. I made the decision to work with a pt, to gain knowledge and information from him and then I questioned the knowledge that was given to me, the biggest mistake a client can make. I did not understand how it undermined what I was doing, that questioning knowledge provided by someone I was paying to provide me with their knowledge. I took a trust relationship and threw doubt into all that I was told, both with regards to training and nutrition, I can't get back to experience to make it more than it was and  I feel sad that I missed the opportunity. The opportunity  to really embrace what was potentially the most important thing for me to do trust Sean 100%.

Today is a fresh start, I can take what I know, ignore the background noise that challenges what I have learnt and trust in the process more than ever before. I don't expect over night success but I am determined to not let myself be trapped where I am now.

Have a super Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment