Friday 18 October 2013

So today has been interesting, challenging, confronting and real! Thank you M Yoda and Fabian for being honest with me.

 I thought trying IF was the right thing to do, it just seemed to be so easy and I'm not going to lie, I have felt incredible in the mornings without food in my belly at  training, even this morning later training and cardio, it felt really good doing it fasted and not eating until at least 12PM has not bothered me. I haven't been sleeping great, but I never do, I have noticed it's been even harder for me to get back to sleep if I wake up and  this week my caffeine level has been on the high side, while short term not an issue, I do not want to be reliant of caffeine to get me through to the eating window.

These were all issues I expected and thought it was something that would take time for my body to adjust to and was prepared for that. The problem with not eating until 12 was it became  easy and I was starting to think just this morning" well why not hold off till 2 or maybe I could add another 24 hour fast into my week."As I said I feel great, is that a reason to keep going? I thought so, until chatting with the owner of my gym and receiving a very real text from my pt, it made me question why I was doing this?

 What do I gain long term from doing this? Am I purely opting  for a quick fix or do I plan to make this a lifestyle? Do I put my body under potential health complications, it's well documented IF does not work great for females let alone ones already physically compromised. Is losing fat more important than trying to keep my body well and healthy? If my restoration and repairing time is already compromised is it worth doing something that may potentially be more harmful, just because it feels good doesn't make it right??

If I am really honest with myself and my readers I have to admit what I admitted to my dh and the owner of my gym. My problem was never having the food under control, I was able to lose my weight through excessive exercise for the most part,  the most I managed to stay completely on track was 6 weeks and I showed myself what I could accomplish if I did that, it's time to dig deep and not be swayed by emotion.

I have one month of pt left roughly and as my dh pointed out Sean will be glad to see the back of you, sorry Yoda :(

No comments:

Post a Comment