Wednesday 16 October 2013

I decided this last week to give IF a go, a friend has been doing it for a few weeks and has had remarkable results losing 10kgs in just over 6 weeks and while her routine works for her, I know it's not right for me. so I asked for advice from a pt I know who has used IF in the past with success (def not yoda), who is against fasting in any way. The pt I asked also made a point of saying it will not be something that will have the same results long term as it does short term and that I will most likely need to return to eating more frequent small meals at some point  in the future to continue getting results. I gave it a 10 week time frame or until Christmas to see what happens, I want to change the way I feel about food and eating.  

 I know there are many of my readers who will disagree with the idea of fasting and especially exercising fasted and not eating for another 6 hours after exercising ( I do have 20grams of bcaa post training),  that's ok it's not going to work for everyone. For me I have been amazed at how I feel in the mornings, and my ability to train with no food consumed before hand, I expect this coming week it will not be great as it has been this week,  I am currently trying to deplete all my glycogen stores and am eating very very low carb, that will change after and initial 10 days or so, I just need to give my body a clean slate to start this off properly and well it's no secret I am a sugar addict.

During the fasted state I  drink black coffee and black coffee with coconut oil ( keeps the body burning fat) and herbal tea. I am generally more alert and aware and don't feel so sleepy, so for now I will continue with my trial and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment