Tuesday 15 October 2013

It's hard to really express what I am going through, trying to make others understand your thoughts on something so personal like trying to change your life, feeling like a failure and having those feelings exposed publicly like this blog. 

Then there are people who look at you, see your size  and say things like " just do this and this and this and you won't fail, you'll be successful lose weight and that's it."
 I wish it was that easy, I wish I could just instantly change who I've become in the past few months and be who I was 6 months ago, I honestly do not know what happened to change me into who I am at the moment and how lost I feel. 

2013 was supposed to be the year I shined, broke through my weight loss plateau and conquered this fitness goals I had, instead it's been a year of weight gain and injuries and I've fallen into it all with a sense of hopelessness that this is where I am destined to be. Struggling and fighting but never really overcoming all that's held me captive for so long food and my body. 

Friday night my gym had a dinner to present the winners of our recent 12 week challenge with their awards, the hard working dedicated participants of the challenge also  received a participation medallion. I was really enjoying the night and celebrating with those who did so well, then during the presentations my pt  gave a speech congratulating me,  on all I'd achieved, I felt so undeserving of his lovely speech and praise talking about all I've achieved and the award in general.I just wanted the ground to swallow me, here I was sitting with women and men  who had achieved amazing results and I did not earn of deserve any of the recognition they did at that point. I don't want to feel like that anymore. 

I want to be better, feel better look better so I am not feeling like I've let everyone who has supported and believed in me down. So I am trying something unconventional and against all that I've been told, in an attempt to alter the person I am ashamed of that I  have become,  back to the person I was starting to be proud of and all that I have achieved. 




No comments:

Post a Comment