Thursday 20 March 2014

So a couple of things have happened this week, had a blood test on Tuesday just to check my blood work due to being 40 now, cholesterol was excellent  yeah eating a high protein diet with lots of saturated fats like coconut oil is bad for your heart! My fasting  bsl was good  I was expecting to find out I was pre diabetic, thyroid, vitamin b12,  vitamin D could be better but the surprising thing is I am quite anaemic even though I consume red meat at least 3-4 times a week so the Dr has told me to eat red meat every day, take an iron supplement and go on the pill ( undecided about that one ) to try and bring my iron level up. Totally explains my fatigue with training and afterwards lately, I thought I was getting really breathless and struggling to push to the end  with our cardio sessions. I thought it was simply  because I was super unfit  now,   I know that is not why which  makes me feel a bit happier :)

Yesterday I took Ethan and myself to see a naturopath who thinks I could benefit from a ketogenic diet, given my insulin sensitivity which is inherited he believes which I have passed onto Ethan this type of diet will benefit me he feels.

So lots to think about and investigate but thought I would share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment