Monday 24 March 2014

I have come to realise I love functional training above all else even boxing this has become my favourite.My choice this morning was 45 mins of tabata at the gym I have a 5 day trial at  or upper body with the genfit crew. I chose genfit because I love the way we train, I love the group of people and what we do.

I enjoyed the class yesterday was lovely to meet new people, I enjoyed being  in a different kind of  group setting. It was just the idea of doing another almost all cardio workout,  actually did not thrill me, anywhere near like  it used to.  I thought about all I am trying to achieve and what that class would do to help me reach my goals and I knew another cardio session was not what I needed or wanted. I know I have become one of those people who is happy to do as little cardio as possible! I love my 30 minutes once a week and the occasional extra box if I get to go, but doing cardio every day like I used to YUCK. ( sorry)

Was pleased with my workout today, even though my shoulder is a bit stuffed, from stupidly  trying to demo a 5kg lateral raise last Thursday, I know I don't do over head movements but didn't think lateral raise when I have a labral tendon tear is probably the worst thing to do  :( now I have pain, pain pain.

 I reached my best bench press weight again today, it was the same as last week  no progressive overload but no regression either which is ok, not huge for someone my size I know but seeing  as I do have that shoulder issue I am happy with my  65kg x 4 reps, managed  to do 24kg kettle bell high pull with no issue  but my shoulder could not hold the bar to deadlift, kept on falling forward so that was only going to be a light  50kg but it was ok I did something and I can hopefully get my tendon pushed out of the way and it will be back in place by next week!

What a difference a week makes, I cannot believe I felt so good last week,  my shoulder was the best it's been for ages now from one stupid move,  it's backwards so frustrating! At least I will have a broad understanding of how easily injuries can be affected in training....

I noticed a bit of a regression in my acceptance of compliments today, when a lady said to me she noticed my middle was looking slimmer the past few weeks, I literally wanted to melt into the ground. I don't like to think that  I am noticed in the gym. It helps me to believe  no one sees me, I really don't like  it when people give me compliments especially when it's in regards to the part of my body I hate the most.  If she has taken notice of the fact it's changed then she clearly noticed when it wasn't changed. It  makes me feel uncomfortable  that people would pin point part of you, which is why I usually avoid wearing clothing that is firmer in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment