Wednesday 12 March 2014

I have read a few motivation quotes that say something like " people are so busy counting calories, when they should be more concerned with  counting chemicals."

I partly agree with this, conversely it annoys me. I can see  yes we should have a diet that is as close to nature or as un refined, free of artificial chemicals etc that we can, I do not disagree with counting calories. Sorry I have found it is essential  to keep myself  accountable to my daily macros etc. 

Keeping track of the calories I am consuming/eating is not wrong, I have found it's been the only way that seems to work for me. For over a year  I have been mostly un successful with the concept that eating  "clean" is all that matters. For me quantity does matter there are times when my eating is on point 100%  and at other times not so strict and giving into my old life style choices. 

For the past few weeks I have been tracking my food in myfitnesspal and I am feeling a lot more in control and confident with what I hope to achieve this year, starting with being leaner, lighter and fitter by the time I book my next lot of knee surgery, not for any other reason than allowing my recovery to be as good as it can be.  

Each day I will be as kind to myself as I can, allowing adequate recovery time, exercise, food and loving myself through it all. 

I am worth it and so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment