Sunday 23 March 2014

Morning all hope you are enjoying this fine weather we are experiencing today sunshine whoop whoop!

So for the past week and definitely since Thursday I have tried to stick to a low carb ( ketogenic) diet, initially I was pleased with how I felt generally I didn't seem to be craving fruit, oats or the occasional wrap or chocolate.
Unfortunately  I did however experience, a complete lack of energy, I was  trying to get through my missed leg workout Saturday afternoon, I made it to about 20 mins and I had to give up. At the time I  put it down to being at school all day before hand and having a slight tickle in the throat that I may be getting sick. I didn't stop to think that I had restricted my carbs to such low levels my body wasn't functioning well.

Yesterday I was at work, then at church and really didn't do anything terribly strenuous so thought I was alright. Then  this morning I went to try out a new gym ( we've been told to try out a range of different styled training places as part of our course, most have free trials and so this week I am) who knows I may take out another membership or it may just be for gaining knowledge on where I might like to try and find work when I am done, yes I am starting to think about working in the industry with specific demographics. I STILL LOVE MY GYM , TRAINING BUDDIES AND TRAINER THOUGH :-)

 Anyway I felt flat, a bit shakey and not myself before the boxing class started. Then within 10 minutes I was completely fatigued, I could feel my heart working so hard and my oxygen levels just were not what I needed. I am starting to understand why I have been sweating so much lately during training, as well as gasping for breath. Obviously with the lack of oxygenated blood in my body currently ( anaemic) something I have never experienced before and  the intensity I am trying to train at is just not achievable without some acute responses. Add to that my lack of carb intake over the last week blah blah blah is how I felt. Tired, shakey exhausted !I do not know how anyone can maintain a state of ketosis and function during intense exercise program because I clearly cannot? Even my thought process was changed my response time to questions my kids were asking last night was vague.

Respect your body, listen to it and it will reward you with functioning the way it's supposed to. Deprive it to long and clearly you will pay :-)

Time for some sweet potato and meat I think :-) hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment