Wednesday 29 January 2014

I received an inspiration email yesterday from a site that I joined beginning of last year  to help me keep myself accountable. I was supposed to log when losing fat and weight and write a diary about becoming whole. I don't use the site and actually forget what it was called. The emails come everyday,  little snippets of wisdom for life. They are sent  directly to my phone and make me smile, I usually  feel motivated or I just delete them without reading depending on how I feel at the time. Emotions are never the way to work out your life, I know that but seem unable to avoid the whole "feeling part."

Yesterday's message made me feel sad, frustrated and a bit ashamed at myself. It said think about yourself 6 months from now and how happy you will be for what you have achieved. I remembered receiving a similar type of message around the time of my knee surgery and thinking whoo hoo now this is done I can get on with reaching my goal! 9 months down the track and everyone sees that is not the case at all. I did the opposite of trying to achieve a goal.

I have signed up for another 12 week challenge with my gym call the Genesis Your New Beginning Challenge it is due to start in around 18 days. WHY? I have made a lot of  commitments to myself to reach a physical goal and I have not, I need a fresh start a new focus and a goal to work towards. I have that now, originally my goal was turning 40 I missed that boat :( so now I am focusing on the cruise or island get away I want to go on with Scott for our 20th Wedding anniversary next January 11 months to achieve all I want.  The ynb challenge gives me  accountability to my trainer who will be tracking my progress and I promised this time I would do it properly. I am doing this for myself but he's one person who has had my back and wanted to see me succeed for just about as long as I have. I love knowing I am part of a team of  people who all  want to transform themselves,  to be the best they can be.  I am not competitive enough to want to win, but I can tell you now my husband is doing it to and we are both working with different trainers so between the two of us GAME ON!

I want my 6 months time reflection to be one of joy at what I have achieved not sadness for what I did not achieve.

Legs day today, my favourite except for  when your hammies are already shot from upper body on tuesday it's not looking good...

No comments:

Post a Comment