Tuesday 21 January 2014

I have never understood why my husband loves road riding for hours and hours so much or mountain biking. I dislike riding a bike, I do it because I have to in order to gain some strength around my knees not because I want to do it. Mountain biking at least looks like fun but he refuses to take me or let me try for fear I'd go down one hill and do some permanent injury.

I started Saturday with a plan  for 3 bike rides a week  for at least  50 mins to an hour and each ride I have done has been that but I have only managed 40k in 3 rides!  I want to try and find a path that goes for at least 20k's because I hate riding on the road, as soon as I feel the cars behind me I panic. Scott also insists I would find it much easier on a road bike as I use his mountain bike for stability, maybe he will buy me a hybrid for my birthday because I don't like the handle bars on road bikes.

Training wise this week I have probably done a bit to much for someone who is not 100% right in terms of getting enough sleep, recovery and perfect nutrition. Food has been good it's the not being able to sleep that is still a problem.

 I have to log 25 work outs for the course I am doing to pass. I keep forgetting to do it,  so I counted this morning and for this week  I am up to 5 with  today's since Sunday,  plus 3 rides. All done at the gym  have focused on upper body stuff mainly, it  may be why my upper body feels sore everywhere. I know I have done more than I am supposed to, I  used to train like this all the time, I know it's not necessary, I just said yes to my husband when he said come to the gym, then I was looking for what to do Monday and ended up doing two workouts. Fortunately injury has allowed me to change and I recognise that my body cannot handle this amount of training all the time.

Struggling a bit with getting my head right, I am focused on what I am doing, planning and preparing and not giving in to foods that I shouldn't. I am just finding those old pangs of self doubt and moments of thinking  the task is still so big I am sure to fail before I complete it. Not sure if it has been triggered by watching the start of biggest loser or I just keep those feelings at the back of my mind and so they come out when I feel inadequate which is usually after I stand on my scales and see where I am at...

No comments:

Post a Comment