Sunday 29 December 2013

Two days until 2013 is over, I am starting  to feel like I need to work out, but I am fighting the urge to go to the gym with my husband because I gave myself 3 weeks break for a reason.

My New Years resolutions starting early:

To encourage my children with  eating more vegetables daily!
To take my  children off their wheat based diet, restrict their bread/ wrap consumption.
Begin the additive elimination diet from the time we return from holiday.
Limit my caffeine
Do the 8 week I quit sugar program to the end.

My husband has been a constant support and encouragement to me always, when I was larger he was there, I felt disconnected for a time and I was unhappy with our relationship but mostly that was due to my unhappiness with me and how that affected my view of everything.

It's funny the memories that come to mind, I remember  he always wanted someone he could exercise with and be active with when we were planning our wedding and honeymoon we chose Halls Gap because he wanted to go walking and be active in the outdoors on our honeymoon. He wanted a partner who could be active with him and a part from that first year or so of our marriage,  I have  never fitted into the mould of what my husband wanted in a partner.

January 7th is our 19th Wedding anniversary, I am really pleased that now I am able to be more and  do more and more with him ( apart from injury restricitons . I never realised how much I was missing out on not exercising, I am not referring to body change, although that is a side benefit I am just talking about the every day activities I can now do with ease.

I am looking forward to a year that will see my body repaired and with time I am hoping I will be able to achieve one of my fitness goals to run a 5k. Maybe train to do a tri who knows I am not going to give in to the broken body parts I am going to respect my body and do what I need to, to ensure I can continue doing what I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment