Sunday 28 February 2016

Today's post will be hard to read for some and that's okay. I am not going to my an apology for my apology.

This morning at the gym I was asked a question  that has been asked a few times over the past almost 5  years I have been working out and trying to be the best physically that I can be.

 I was asked what weight I got down to when I was at my smallest size?
 I hate that question!   I hated it  3,5 years ago when I was at my leanest and I hate it now, mainly because when I say the numbers I feel like a failure as I was still not within my healthy weight range for height according to the bmi charts  and def now because the difference between then and now is very very hard to look at daily.

Right now  my journey as morphed from only being about the size of my ass/ weight  into being one about whole health and fitness and trying to remain focused on this is a daily battle. To try and focus on keeping myself functional and not injured and healing from the foundation up is not what the environment encourages. I do not want to stay this size but I also don't want to be on another merry go round ride to this same place in 3 years.

Remember everyone has a story and just because you can see one dimension of it does not mean you have the whole story. I am sorry to those I have looked at and commented about who are just trying to be the best they can be, I had no right to make a comment about ANY aspect of your journey and I apologize.

Week 4 of the 12 week challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment