Saturday 5 September 2015

This week I had to get my care plan updated which allows me 5 visits to an allied health professional to have my back looked at. This involves having a visit with the nurse at my Dr clinic who weighs me takes me blood pressure and tries to convince me I should add a dietician into my care plan each year.

This year I am a bit heavier than last year and I knew they would recommend the dietician what I did not expect was for her to look at me and make the condescending remark of have you thought about trying to get a 20 minute walk in twice a week to try and incorporate some light planned exercise into your daily activity. I am sick of people asking questions like " When are you due?" and so I rather  replied explaining  I am a qualified pt and am in the gym exercising 3-4 times a week. Granted I was wearing a big bulk hoodie but I really didn't think I looked like someone who has no idea how to exercise.

I may not love all of  what I see in the mirror  at the moment but for the first time in ages, I am feeling okay with myself. I am working towards lowering my visceral fat and not getting caught up in the number on the scales being judged by a health professional who has no clue who I am makes me angry and I know that no matter what I do achieve unless I hit the bmi ratio they believe in I will get this same advice time and time again!

I watched That Sugar film yesterday WOW it was eye opening and I can see why my kids lunches may need an overhaul when a healthy person can gain 8.5kg in 60 days from eating heart approved " healthy" foods no junk or soft drink it makes me horrified for the future of children to come.

My back went out doing a dead ball slam yesterday and I kind of ignored it  by popping an anti inflamatory and pain killer so I could continue with the cardio workout I had just started( stupid decision)

Happy Fathers Day

No comments:

Post a Comment