Tuesday 29 September 2015

This blog was started in 2012 as a way to support my fat loss/ weight loss journey, over that time it has helped me blog stuff that I find hard to get out to other people face to face. I have shared the good the bad the ugly my triumphs and my challenges.

I have not really been as transparent with my journey the past 18 month because I have not really accomplished anything physical, I lost 8kg last year but tbh it was such an unhealthy, quick fix I regained it all within a couple of months. I have since battled my mind more than my body and been stuck, until this year and I started gaining weight again and was quickly slipping back into habits of years gone by.

I am not going to make excuses for why I am still working on my life transformation, motivation  wise there is no reason why I have found it so hard to just do it, I should be able to just see the change in the clothes over the past 2.5 years but especially the last 18 months and want to change.

I made the choice a couple of months ago to educate myself with a nutritional program I have tried on and off to follow over the past 3 years but never 100% committed to seeing it through. I wanted to really understand the science behind it and why it is structured the way it is.
I learnt how my mindset has always been off, instead of approaching any 12 week, wanting to shred fat with no thought of what damage I am doing to my metabolism and body function long term. This plan is adjusting that incorrect way of looking at it, with the idea that firstly I am fixing the way my body functions internally followed by ensuring my body is in the right functioning to lose body fat long term.  I cannot expect to lose 30kg in 12 weeks and tbh it will probably take 12 - 18 months of focus, commitment and dedication. I have done it the wrong way and am back to where I was 3.5 years ago but I am looking at being somewhere completely different in 12- 18 months time.

So Monday my friends and I decided to begin a 12 week program, despite some internal struggles and insensitive comments I am more committed to this program than ever before. To the man in the gym this morning who gave me this compliment "I've seen you over the last four weeks and you've lost weight, I can really notice" To which I replied " Thank You" he then followed it up with " I would always look at you in the gym and wonder how you could be so large/ fat and a personal trainer, you've really changed a lot." I was shocked and kind of angry but as usual I just left without saying maybe next time think before adding the insult to the compliment because you have made me feel like crap.

I will be my own advertisement for the program I follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment