Tuesday 11 February 2014

I feel really frustrated with myself and the way I look physically at the moment, yesterday  however I was reminded of why I started this life change and commitment to get healthy. Why at the end of the day this is about so much more than how I look.

My back has been an issue since I was 17 that's 23 years of living in limbo, not knowing when it will spasm and my spine will twist and I will be unable to walk properly or do simple tasks.

Don't get me wrong, the change in the severity and intensity of when it goes out is huge. The pain  is minimal now compared to how I used to live with daily pain that would often require  anti inflamatory pain medication. An attack would see me bed ridden for a couple of days, thank full that does not happen anymore but it still causes me pain consistently,  I know the facet joints and vertebrae that are struggling with arthritis already do not need the extra weight my obese body is carrying currently.

I appreciate that as a  reminder of the New beginning I am embarking on my back went out yesterday afternoon, saying very clearly that it's past time and way over due to get my shit together. :-)

I also may of drunk a can of sugarfree V and been unable to sleep well. I know that it is  totally shit and not something one should put in their body, so my commitment for the challenge is NO alcohol, NO commercial chocolate ( I am making a raw birthday cake and protein bliss balls for my party with cacao) No other food that is nutrition less only food that is for nourishment. If I stick to this, especially on the weekend of my 40th  my husband has said he will give me a substantial amount of $ to buy clothes with at the end of the challenge ( not sure how much weight he thinks I am going to lose in 3 months :-) )
Bring on the new me I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment